Allows content or assessments to be shown to students based on an action that they perform.
- rule – basic adaptive release contains 1 rule per action; advanced adaptive release may contain multiple rules.
- criteria – the elements that describe the rule
- Students will not be shown Module 2 until they review Module 1.
- Students will advance to Module 2 after receiving a passing score on the quiz in Module 1.
- Students will advance to additional content in Module 1 if they receive a low score on quiz 1.
- Groups who review the required content and submit the required presentation by a certain date, advance to the final group evaluation form.
Achievements or Badging
(Orientation course as example)
- set up criteria for reaching benchmarks in which students receive an acknowledgment (certificate)
- course completion
- Attempts on test, surveys, and assignments
- Grades on tests, surveys, and assignments
- Graded discussion posts, graded wikis, graded blogs, and graded journals
- Manually created Grade Center columns
- Marked reviewed statuses on course content
- Group membership or specific users
- Start date to earn an achievement
Create pools of questions to populate quizzes
- avoid possibilities for cheating by using random questions
- self-assessment with random question options
- module-level reviews for unit exams
- provide quizzes that address learning through repetition
- collect (iTeach Online)
- posting options
- color coding for visual
- multiple total columns
- categories for weighted grades or calculated total columns
- Grading Periods – Early progress report
- Column Statistics, Item Analysis, and evaluation
- Smart views
- who passed or who didn’t
- board overview of performance at different times in the semester
- provide targeted feedback to students who meet criteria
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Web conferencing service tied to Blackboard. Browser of choice is Chrome and some versions of Firefox are also supported
- no java download!
- interactive whiteboard
- share slides, files, web pages
- break-out rooms
- recorded sessions
- guest access
Don’t see Blackboard Collaborate Ultra in your tools selection? You might have to add it to your available tools.
Bb Mobile or Bb Learn
Best feature: create audio and video feedback
Needs improvement feature: pen tool disappears for commenting