You can create assignment shells using the calendar in Canvas. Assignments shells added this way are placeholders until all the details for the assignment are added. Planning assignments this way is a quick way to place them into your course shell if you prefer to plan using the calendar view.
- Find and click on the Calendar icon in the left sidebar.
- Add a new assignment by clicking “+”.
- Add assignment details and be sure to select the Calendar for the appropriate course from the “Calendar” dropdown.
- Submit the new assignment.
- Visit the course shell to complete details in the assignment shell(s) you’ve created.