Embed your syllabus or other document into your Canvas course as a way to make the document visible without the extra click to download. Additional benefits include auto updates in Canvas whenever you edit your syllabus in drive which means there’s no need for multiple versions of the same document. (Tutorial video to be posted soon.)
- Open your document in Drive.
- Publish the document to the web.
- Copy the embed code.
- Open your Canvas course in another tab.
- Navigate to the page in your course where you want to embed your document.
- Edit the page.
- Switch to HTML view.
- Paste the embed code you copied.
- Save your changes.
Section to copy to format in Canvas:
style=”width:8.5in; height: 11.0in; padding: 0.5in; border: solid 1px #ddd;”
It looks like the quotes need to be retyped once you copy and paste. The quotes should look straight up and down, like this ” “
In my editor the quotes remain as simple straight quotes. You may wish to turn off “smart quotes” in Google Docs.