UAF eCampus has an institutional license for the PlayPosit interactive video tool for all UAF courses. PlayPosit allows instructors and students to add interactive elements such as quizzes and discussions to an existing video.
For more information on PlayPosit’s capabilities, see the following teaching tips:
- Teaching Tip: Make your videos interactive with PlayPosit
- Teaching Tip: Integrating Interactive Video in STEM Courses
- Teaching Tip: My journey teaching an online course
Connecting PlayPosit to your Course: Blackboard
- Navigate to your course in Blackboard
- Navigate to a content area, making sure you are in edit mode.
- Create a PlayPosit item using the PlayPosit option in the Tools menu.
- Give the content item a name and click submit to create it.
- Once the item has been created, click on it! This will create the connection between your course and PlayPosit as well as provision you with an instructor account.
- After this, you can access all of your PlayPosit bulbs and analytics directly from playposit.org as well as rely on an integration between your course gradebook and PlayPosit.
Connecting PlayPosit to your Course: Canvas
UA is currently piloting Canvas, and PlayPosit can be used there as well, by UAF instructors. If you are already using the Canvas pilot, you can reach out to the lead designer for Canvas, Chris Beks at email@example.com to ensure your course has the integration enabled.
For those instructors using Canvas Free for Instructors, PlayPosit can be integrated there as well. Please contact Sean Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an integration with the free version.